This is a excellent presentation about how storage works. If your new to storage, this is would a excellent presentation.
Asigra Cloud BackupTM software is designed to alleviate the challenges of backing up and recovering data from your customers’ sites into your multi-tenanted cloud. Asigra Cloud Backup offers unprecedented efficiencies to the data being captured, ingested, stored and transmitted over the network using the following methods:
- De-duplication techniques
- Backup and transmission of only new/changed data (incremental forever)
- Advanced Compression techniques
Modern data management is a tightly integrated blend of snapshot, replication and persistent copies that are secure, deduplicated, managed, and accessible through a single, unified platform. Simpana 9 is application, operating system, and disk aware. It quickly creates copies that are highly available, by integrating and leveraging hardware array-based snapshot technologies. Then, data is efficiently moved to appropriate tiers of storage—whether it be disk, tape, or cloud. This data can be seamlessly retrieved for multiple possible uses, including Disaster Recovery, Data Mining, eDiscovery, Compliance, or regulatory requirements. This end-to-end activity is what truly modern data management is all about.
- Help simplify the protection and management of your data, even as it continues to grow exponentially
- Address business continuity by helping to shorten backup and recovery times and helping to maximize application availability with advanced data recovery management technologies
- Employ data de-duplication and a hierarchy of storage to help increase efficiencies and conserve resources
- Help adapt to changes within the IT infrastructure to minimize service disruptions and speed restorations and backups
- Help control storage management costs with ease-of-use features and integration with IBM network attached storage (NAS) products
- Increase visibility into the data protection environment by providing advanced features for operational monitoring and historical reporting
•Automate backup and recovery of virtual and physical servers from one easy-to-use interface
•Implement advanced protection for Microsoft® Exchange, SharePoint, SQL Server, SAP, Oracle, and many others
•Automate snapshot management for instant data recovery and improved application performance
•Optimise storage capacity with broad support of heterogeneous deduplication technologies
EMC Avamar backup and recovery solutions utilize patented global data deduplication technology to identify redundant data at the source, minimizing backup data before it is sent over the LAN/WAN. With Avamar, you can achieve new levels of data reduction and enable fast, secure backup for your VMware environments, remote offices, LAN/NAS servers, and desktop/laptop systems. In the process, you’ll reduce backup time, growth of secondary storage, and network utilization.
Avamar deduplicated backups function like full backups and can be recovered in just one step, without your restoring full backups and subsequent incrementals. In addition, Avamar verifies backup data recoverability—so there are no surprises—and encrypts data for secure electronic backups.
Symantec NetBackup PureDisk
NetBackup PureDisk is the deduplication engine for NetBackup, enabling efficient, storage-optimized data protection for the data center, remote office and virtual environments. NetBackup PureDisk is a software-based deduplication solution that is tightly integrated with NetBackup. PureDisk is ideal for unique environments that require high performance and scalability.